Overtime Violations Attorneys in Los Angeles
You work hard and you are willing to walk the extra mile for your employer. You’ve worked overtime a lot, but now your employer does not want to pay you for the extra hours. What do you do?
If you are a non-exempt worker in California, your employer is required by law to pay you for the overtime you’ve worked. Some dishonest employers may purposefully classify an employee as exempt to avoid paying overtime.
You are eligible for overtime pay if you:
- Work in a creative, managerial, or intellectual setting for more than half of your time at work.
- Work independently and can exercise discretion in performing your own work duties.
- Earn a monthly salary of at least twice the California minimum wage for working full-time.
If any of these situations apply to you, reach out to our Los Angeles lawyers for an initial consultation. Call (818) 873-0181.
Can I Sue My Employer for Overtime Violations?
You can recover unpaid overtime pay from your employer by filing a wage claim or a lawsuit. You may sue your employer for:
- Failure to pay overtime after an 8-hour workday or for failure to compensate you for working over 40 hours per week.
- Requiring you to work ‘off the clock’ and during lunch breaks.
- Misclassification – for saying you are ‘exempt’ or ‘an independent contractor’ when it is untrue.
You may think a whole rigmarole is not necessary for only a few hundred dollars. But think about this: your employer should be held accountable. They are taking advantage of you, and most probably, others too. And no, your boss cannot fire you for filing an unpaid overtime lawsuit. If he does, he’d be wrongfully terminating you.
A vibrant group of young, hard working and highly qualified attorneys who provide excellent representation for their clients.- Marianna P.
If anyone is looking for a Personal Injury attorney who truly cares about you, look no further!- Frances S.
Professional, pleasant, and true advocacy all the way- Rosalilia M.
I found KJT Law Group online and I couldn’t be happier with their results.- Jacob K.
KJT Law Group services are outstanding!- Siranush A.
The attorneys at KJT Law Group are very knowledgeable, persistent and amazingly driven- Leana G.
KJT Law Group treats every client as if they were our only client. This means our Los Angeles attorneys take the time to get to know each person’s unique situation to help them throughout their case to the best of our abilities.
We provide legal services in English, Spanish, and Armenian. Request a free consultation today by calling us at (818) 873-0181 or by submitting an online contact form.