Having advocates on your side to collect evidence, assess your damages, and prove negligence are some of the benefits of hiring medical malpractice lawyers. When you have a law firm working for you, you won’t have to navigate the complex legal system on your own.
If you are a victim of medical malpractice, you have legal rights. You might be entitled to compensation for all the losses you suffered because of a negligent medical professional. While you can handle your case on your own, a medical malpractice attorney can help make your case as stress-free as possible.
Hiring a Medical Malpractice Attorney Is Beneficial Because They Manage All Aspects of Your Case
It’s understandable if you’re on the fence about hiring a lawyer. Filing a medical malpractice claim can feel intimidating, and maybe you don’t want to recount the details of your accident.
If you work with a medical malpractice attorney, they will take all the stress of building your case off your shoulders. You can focus on your recovery while your legal team handles the following tasks:
Gathering Evidence to Prove How a Medical Error Occurred
Before your lawyer can take legal action on your behalf, they need to prove the medical care provider’s negligence caused you harm. One way to solidify your case is by collecting evidence such as:
- Su medical records
- Statements from eyewitnesses
- Expert testimony
- Medical bills that you paid or owe
- Photos or videos of your injuries
- Statements from you and your family members
If you have any records related to your case, make sure you hold onto them and bring them to your lawyer.
Determining How Much Compensation You Can Recover for Medical Negligence
Compensation for medical negligence depends on the details of your case. Typically, the following damages are compensable:
- Medical expenses, including the cost of any follow-up procedures you needed to correct errors
- Dolor y sufrimiento físico
- Angustia mental
- Pérdida del disfrute de la vida
- Disminución de la calidad de vida
- ingresos perdidos
- Reducción de la capacidad de ganancia
- Muerte equivocada damages if your loved one passed away
Seeking legal recourse for medical mistakes can be challenging on your own, and it isn’t easy to calculate the value of your case. A Abogada de lesiones personales can help you navigate this part of the legal process.
Proving a Healthcare Professional’s Negligence
When you visit a healthcare provider, you expect a certain level of care. Any violation of this duty of care is negligence.
Your attorney can seek justice on your behalf after proving the following elements of negligence:
- Duty of care: Your doctor was expected to treat you with the accepted standard of care.
- Breach of duty: They failed to uphold this standard of care by making some form of medical error.
- Causation: The negligent healthcare provider’s action or inaction caused your injury.
- Damages: You suffered damages because of medical negligence.
Keeping Your Medical Malpractice Lawsuit on Track
Investigating your case can take time, but you won’t have forever to file a medical malpractice lawsuit. Getting an early start on your case is important if you hope to recover a fair settlement.
Each state has a statute of limitations that explains how long you have to file your case. When you hire an attorney from a personal injury law firm, they can explain how statutes like CCP § 340.5 apply to your case.
Another Benefit of Hiring a Medical Malpractice Lawyer Is That They Charge Nothing Upfront
Personal injury attorneys can take your medical malpractice case without charging you any upfront or out-of-pocket fees. Many law firms offer legal guidance on a contingency-fee basis, so you do not pay anything until your case is won or settled.
Once you recover compensation, your lawyer will take a percentage of your compensation to cover their fees.
Additional Benefits of Working With a Medical Malpractice Firm
If you’re still not sure whether you want to partner with a lawyer, consider some of the other benefits of hiring one:
- They’ll speak to all parties involved in your case, so you don’t have to face the liable party or any insurance companies on your own.
- They can represent you during a trial if your case progresses to this point.
- They will be available to offer legal advice and answer any questions you have.
- They can make a complicated process feel less overwhelming.
Your lawyer will take care of the legal details in your case, freeing up your schedule to prioritize your health and attend any necessary appointments.
Contact KJT Law Group to Work With a Medical Malpractice Attorney
Don’t wait to get started on your medical malpractice case. If you are a victim of surgical errors, misdiagnosis, or any other medical issue, consider working with an attorney.Call KJT Grupo de Derecho today for a free consultation. When you call, we can explain your legal options and offer advice. Dial (818) 507-8525 now.