Bike Accident Attorneys in Los Angeles
Biking is a healthy and eco-friendly method of transportation. But a cyclist – even with his/her protective gear, is a vulnerable target. The most recent data available says that more than 800 bicyclists were killed in traffic crashes in the US in 2016. Of course, many were also just injured in various types of accidents. When a motor vehicle and a bike collide, it is most likely the cyclist who will be seriously injured. It has been estimated that only 10% of all vehicle-bicycle accidents are actually reported.
Schedule your initial consultation with our Los Angeles bike accident lawyers by dialing (818) 873-0181.
Two Types of Bike Accidents
There are two main types of accidents. The cyclist can fall from his/her bike due to unforeseen circumstances, or there can be a collision with a car or truck.
Some statistics related to bike accidents are:
- Bicyclist deaths usually occur mostly between 6 pm and 9 pm – regardless of the season.
- Urban areas are more dangerous than rural areas.
- Male cyclists are 5 times more likely to die on a bike.
- Alcohol was a factor in more than 35% of all fatal bike crashes in 2016.
Who Is Liable for a Bike Accident in Los Angeles?
Depending on the situation, liability for this type of accident can vary.
Common liable parties are:
- The driver of the car: If the driver of a vehicle was negligent, and a cyclist is injured, the motorist’s insurance has to pay up. It is however not always this clear-cut. Hit and run accidents are common, especially where the driver of the motor vehicle was drinking. It is not always impossible to track down such a person. We will work tirelessly to help find the careless party and bring him to justice.
- A government agency: Hazardous road conditions or areas of low visibility due to poor maintenance can also cause a serious bicycle accident. The cyclist may have a claim against the relevant government agency responsible.
- A defective product: The bicycle itself can have an inherent defect. Here the injured party may have a claim against the manufacturer.
KJT Law Group fought hard on my behalf every step of the way.- A. Aristakessian
The staff is courteous, professional, and highly skilled- Dzaghig B.
Working with KJT Law Group has always exceeded our expectations.- Khosrof O.
Best sound advice that you can ever get- Annalee J.
Honest and didn’t sugar coat anything.- Rochelle C.
KJT Law Group has an amazing team and I am so happy I had them represent me.- Anna K.
We want to represent you, our client. We know how to negotiate effectively with insurance companies, government agencies, and manufacturers on your behalf. Don’t settle for just anything if you have suffered an injury in a bicycle accident.
We provide legal services in English, Spanish, and Armenian. Request a free consultation today by calling us at (818) 873-0181 or by submitting an online contact form.