California Minimum Wage Lawyers

Read before you sign

If you live in California, the minimum statewide wage is $10.00 per hour for employers with 25 employees or fewer and $10.50 for employers with 26 or more employees. This rate overrides the federal minimum wage of $7.25 per hour.

In addition, some cities and counties have higher minimum wages. In Berkeley and San Francisco, for example, the minimum wage is $15 per hour, in Los Angeles and Oakland, $13.25.

These wages are the absolute minimum that an employee must be paid. It cannot be waived in any agreement between an employer and an employee.

Should your employer fail to pay you the minimum wage for any reason, you are within your rights to sue him/her. KJT Law Group is here to help you.

Schedule a complimentary case evaluation with our team today; call (818) 507-8525 or contact us online to get started.

How do employers violate minimum wage rules?

  • They pay employees the minimal wage stated by the federal rules and not the higher amount as dictated by state. Or, they pay the state amount, but not the city-specific one.
  • They pay employees a wage, but the amount per hour is lower than the minimum required by law.
  • They do not pay employees for all the hours they work. Employees are expected to work during lunch or to work ‘off the clock’.

What damages can I receive?

  • The court can order your employer to pay you back the amount of wages needed in order to bring your compensation up to the minimum wage. Back interest can also be calculated.
  • You can claim attorney fees.
  • A civil penalty can be imposed on the employer, fining him with $100 for the initial pay period of intentional violation and $250 for each succeeding pay period, deliberate or not.
  • You can also receive ‘liquidated damages’ to the amount of the unpaid minimum wages and interest. In effect, your total recovery can, therefore, be twice the amount by which you were underpaid in the first place. If your employer made a mistake in good faith, he/she will not be ordered to pay the liquidated damages.

If the whole company is affected and an employer underpaid everyone, a class-action minimum wage lawsuit can also be considered.

Let us help

Call today to discuss your case in confidentiality with one of the skilled Employment Attorneys Los Angeles at the KJT Law Group. We can answer any questions you may have.

We provide legal services in English, Spanish, and Armenian. Request a free consultation today by calling us at (818) 507-8525 or by submitting an online contact form.

The Opinions That Matter Most

Read Our Client’s 5-Star Reviews

left quote icon
Working with KJT Law Group has always exceeded our expectations.

“Caspar is knowledgeable and goes above and beyond to clearly explain the law and my rights.”

- Khosrof O.
left quote icon

A vibrant group of young, hard working and highly qualified attorneys who provide excellent representation for their clients.

“I recommend this firm and its attorneys with no reservations, as am confident that each of them consistently go above and beyond for their clients.”

- Marianna P.
left quote icon

Honest and didn’t sugar coat anything.

“KJT Law Group was amazing. If ever you need a lawyer, I highly recommend KJT Law Group.”

- Rochelle C.
left quote icon

I found KJT Law Group online and I couldn’t be happier with their results.

“these guys know what they are doing and they respect their clients!”

- Jacob K.
left quote icon
My case settled for more than I ever expected!

“These guys know their stuff. I would definitely recommend their services!!!”

- Aren B.
left quote icon
If anyone is looking for a Personal Injury attorney who truly cares about you, look no further!

“The hard work and quick results he got for me was totally incredible. Thank you so much Caspar!”

- Frances S.

You’re Hurt.
We’re Here.

We provide legal services in English, Spanish, and Armenian. Request a free consultation today by calling us at (818) 507-8525 or by submitting an online contact form.

We Will Fight For You

Start Recovering Today

Contact our firm to get started.

What Sets Us Apart

Work Directly With Your Attorney

We Make You Our Priority

Millions Recovered For Our Clients

Services Offered In Spanish & Armenian

Aggressive, Experienced, and Compassionate Counsel