Los Angeles Bus Accident Attorney
Filing a Personal Injury Claim in California
If you or a loved one suffered injuries in a bus crash, you may be able to recover compensation for your medical bills and other losses. A Los Angeles bus accident attorney from our team can represent you and navigate the claims process or file a lawsuit on your behalf. We are here to help when you need it most.
A personal injury lawyer in Los Angeles from KJT Law Group will review your case with you today for free. We can explain your rights and how our team helps bus accident victims recover compensation in Southern California. Call (818) 507-8525 now to learn more.
Recovering Damages With Help From a Los Angeles Personal Injury Attorney
At KJT Law Group, we pursue justice for our clients by fighting for the compensation you deserve based on the facts of your case. Every bus accident injury is different, and every client incurs different damages as a result. Our attorneys identify and total your expenses and losses using evidence that may include:
- Medical bills
- Documents showing missed work and income
- Receipts, estimates, and other paperwork
- Interviews with experts, including doctors and economists, as needed
When we have a strong argument to show negligence and liability, we can recover a wide range of damages from the liable party or their insurance company, such as:
- Medical expenses and related care costs
- Future treatment and support due to the injury
- Lost income from any source
- Reduced earning capacity if you cannot return to your job
- Property repair or replacement
- Miscellaneous expenses related to the accident
- Pain and suffering damages
- Other non-economic damages
Wrongful Death in a Los Angeles Bus Collision
If your family member died from their injuries, our compassionate attorneys can meet with you to explain your rights and how we can help. You may be able to get justice for your loved one by holding the liable party financially responsible. We will work to file an insurance claim or wrongful death lawsuit and recover the compensation your family deserves.
Building a Los Angeles Bus Accident Insurance Claim or Lawsuit
KJT Law Group’s bus accident lawyers in Los Angeles understand how and why bus accidents happen, the injuries our clients suffer, and why financial recovery is so important for them. We know how to prove negligence caused the crash, identify the liable parties, and take the appropriate action to hold them legally accountable.
How Bus Accidents Happen
Bus accident victims get hurt in many ways. Most of our clients were harmed because:
- The bus they were riding on was in a collision
- A bus driver hit their car
- They were a pedestrian or cyclist hit by a bus
In any of these situations, the bus driver may be the at-fault driver – especially if they acted carelessly or recklessly and caused the crash. More definitively, there are four parts necessary to prove that negligence occurred:
- The bus driver had an obligation to act in a certain way, often because of traffic laws or regulations
- They failed to do so
- This failure led to the accident
- Our client suffered injuries and financial losses
Investigating the Cause of the Bus Accident
In many cases, we investigate what happened to determine the cause of the crash and find that:
- A driver followed too closely or failed to stop in time to prevent a rear-end collision
- A driver failed to yield the right-of-way when turning left
- A driver failed to slow down enough to manage a curve
- A driver did not check adjacent lanes adequately when moving over
Bus accidents are also caused by:
- Distracted driving
- Driving under the influence
- Drowsy driving or hours of service violations
- Speeding (often to stay on a tight schedule)
- Poor maintenance or repairs
- Parts failure
Once we know what happened, we can identify the liable parties. While the driver may be at fault and liable, they are generally not the only party.
Other Liable Parties in a Los Angeles Bus Accident
Our bus accident attorneys in Los Angeles understand how the legal doctrine of respondent superior works in these cases. This doctrine can create vicarious liability for the negligent driver’s employer, giving you more options for compensation.
Many types of buses run on Los Angeles streets, including:
- Public school buses from the Los Angeles Unified School District
- Private school buses and vans
- Metro buses
- Bus companies, including Greyhound, Megabus, or FlixBus
- Coach and charter bus rental companies
- Tour buses
- Party buses
- Private coaches driven by professional drivers
Identifying who owns the bus or employs the driver can change how we approach the case, the rules we must follow, and more. We cannot handle a claim against the school district the same way we might when suing a party bus company. Cases involving this type of vicarious liability can be difficult, as we may need to demand payment from a corporate insurer or a team of lawyers representing a large company – but we are prepared to do so.
KJT Law Group Can Manage Every Step of Your Case
At KJT Law Group, our team works on behalf of our clients to pursue the compensation they need. When we represent you, you can expect us to:
- Know your name and the facts of your case
- Give you the opportunity to work directly with your lawyer
- Speak in a language you are comfortable with, including Spanish or Armenian
- Fight for fair and just compensation in your case
- Represent you with no upfront fees or costs
Our experience, knowledge, and resources have helped us recover millions of dollars for our clients over the years. You could be next. Our attorneys are ready to work on your Los Angeles bus accident case today.
Let an LA Bus Accident Lawyer Protect Your Rights
The Los Angeles personal injury lawyers at KJT Law Group can help protect your rights and seek justice based on the facts of your case. We manage all communication between our clients, the insurance companies, and the liable parties. This ensures that no one can use your statements against you, try to trick you into accepting a lowball settlement, or take other steps to jeopardize your ability to secure a fair settlement or court award.
California law allows just two years to sue in a personal injury or wrongful death case under CCP § 335.1. Missing this deadline could prevent you from taking any action in your case in the future. For this reason, we must get to work on your case as early as circumstances allow.
Discuss Your Legal Options With a Los Angeles Bus Accident Lawyer for Free
At KJT Law Group, our Los Angeles personal injury lawyers offer free consultations for bus accident victims. We provide these case assessments so you can learn about your legal rights, how bus accident cases work, and how we can help. We understand you have a lot on your plate right now, and we are ready to get to work. Call (818) 507-8525 now to discuss your Los Angeles bus accident with one of our personal injury lawyers for free.
If you or someone you love was injured due to another person’s negligence, contact KJT Law Group at (818) 507-8525 for a free consultation to discuss your legal rights and options.
We Will Fight For You
Start Recovering Today
Contact our firm to get started.