At KJT Law Group, our Los Angeles personal injury lawyers have been representing accident victims since 2014, earning millions of dollars in compensation awards for our clients. Choosing an accident injury attorney in Los Angeles can be overwhelming, given its saturated legal market.
Our law firm provides our clients with dedicated, thoughtful legal representation. We want to listen to your story about how you were injured, then advocate for your right to receive compensation from the liable party or parties. We offer the first consultation for free, so you can tell us more about your accident before we go over your legal options. Our firm charges a contingency fee, so you won’t be expected to pay unless we win your case.
Types of Accident Cases That Our Los Angeles Personal Injury Lawyers Handle
Our personal injury lawyers in Los Angeles handle accident cases involving:
- Car accidents
- Truck accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
- Bicycle accidents
- Bus accidents
- Uber and Lyft accidents
- Slip and fall accidents
- Defective products
- Work-related accidents
- Dog bites
If your case involves factors unrelated to the above, our Los Angeles-based legal team still wants to learn more about your case. We often handle accident injury cases involving catastrophic injuries, which can involve factors that are unique from our other clients.
We aim to represent you fairly and build a case argument that lays out why the liable party should be held accountable for their negligence. We also will show why they should compensate you for your injuries and damages. In many cases, our lawyers can negotiate an out-of-court settlement. Our team will keep you updated as we navigate your case through the legal system.
What Our Personal Injury Lawyer in LA Can Do for Your Case
While you are not required to have a personal injury lawyer represent you in an accident injury case, having an advocate who understands the intricacies and nuances of California’s legislative law can be beneficial if you are unfamiliar with your rights and legal protocol. Going through various pages of legal text can be overwhelming, especially if you are still recovering from your injuries or have never filed a legal action before.
If you decide to work with a Los Angeles accident injury attorney from KJT Law Group, we offer the following legal services to you:
- Private investigation services: One of our lawyers will lead a separate investigation into your accident to establish key facts of your case, such as when and where the accident occurred, what injuries you sustained, and what factors led to the accident. Part of the discovery stage will also involve retrieving evidence to support your claims, which may involve interviewing witnesses, consulting experts for their testimonial analysis, and filing legal requests for video footage or other data from a third party.
- Administrative services: Legal cases involve a large amount of paperwork, which can be complex or technical. Our legal team will fill out important documents on your behalf and submit them within their respective deadlines. We can also keep you updated as we receive court notices, scheduled dates for hearings, and any other case information that may be important to you.
- Communication services: With accident cases, it is common for insurance adjusters or the defendant’s legal team to reach out for statements. Providing details to the opposing party during an ongoing case can be risky. Instead, we offer to handle these communication attempts on your behalf so that we can protect your case. Should you have questions or concerns about a message you receive from an inquiring party, feel free to consult our team.
- Legal representation services: Throughout various stages of your case, one of our lawyers in Los Angeles can represent you. Your lawyer may appear in preliminary hearings, trials, sentencing hearings, and even out-of-court meetings if a settlement deal is on the table. Our team will also inform you if you must attend certain legal hearings.
- Legal counseling services: At any point, if you have questions, doubts, or concerns about your case, we are available to provide legal advice. We may counsel on when you should consider filing a lawsuit, whether you should demand compensation from more than one party, and what you should or should not say while your case is underway.
How Much Does It Cost to Hire a Personal Injury Lawyer in Los Angeles?
Every law firm sets different rates for their legal services, so there is no standard cost for attorney’s fees in injury cases, just as how there is no standard settlement figure all plaintiffs receive if they win their cases.
Many personal injury lawyers in California will work on a “contingency fee basis,” which means:
- We work now, but you pay later: We understand that accident victims may be flooded with steep medical bills, vehicle repair costs, unpaid time off, and various other financial setbacks. So, paying for a personal injury lawyer may seem out of the question—but it doesn’t have to be. We postpone our attorney’s fees and provide our legal services to build you a strong case in hopes of winning your case.
- We charge a percentage of your compensation award instead of hourly fees: Per our fee agreement, which we will discuss during your first consultation, we will go over the percentage of your compensation award that we charge. By charging a lump sum over hourly rates, this allows you to take advantage of communicating with your lawyer without worrying about the cost. It also holds our team accountable for moving your case forward since we rely on your case settlement to get paid.
- We charge for our services only if we win your case: Within a contingency fee agreement, we agree to charge our attorney’s fees only if we win your case and only after you start receiving your compensation award. That way, you never have to pay us out of your financial account, but through the settlement/verdict you win. If we are unsuccessful with your case, you owe us no attorney’s fees.
If you have more questions about affording our legal services, you can ask them during your free case review, and one of our team members will answer.
What Kind of Damages Can You Pursue in an Accident Injury Case in California?
You may qualify to receive compensation for the following types of damages in a personal injury case:
- Medical treatment expenses, including treatment costs you may have to pay in the future
- Loss of income, including future lost wages if you can no longer work or only at a limited rate
- Property damage costs, if applicable, such as for car accident victims
- Pain and suffering and inconvenience
- Emotional distress, which includes depression, insomnia, and anxiety
- Permanent disability, including loss of hearing or vision or bodily function
- Diminished quality of life
- Loss of consortium
- Reduced earning potential
Other damages you may qualify to recover may pertain to your personal lifestyle, career, interpersonal relationships, or injuries. You can discuss your damages in full, which we will use to calculate an approximate value for your case.
You Must File Your LA Accident Injury Lawsuit by California’s Deadline
California’s statute of limitations deadline, which you can find in the California Code of Civil Procedure § 335.1, dictates that the following types of accident injury cases must be submitted within these time frames:
- Personal injury cases: Two years within the date of the accident
- Wrongful death cases: Two years within the date of the victim’s death
- Product liability cases: Two years within the date of the accident or the date the injury was discovered, with a 10-year statute of repose set in place
Our legal team will keep track of your case’s relevant deadlines and take steps to protect your right to sue and file your case on time. Otherwise, you may be barred from filing for compensation.
Who Is at Fault for an Accident Injury in Los Angeles?
Liability in accident injury cases falls on whoever had a duty of care to keep the other safe from harm. Common examples of liable parties include:
- At-fault drivers who hit another vehicle after violating a traffic law
- Storeowners or restaurant owners who failed to put up warning signs around slippery floors
- Property owners or managers who failed to keep guests or patrons safe from harm on their premises (e.g., letting a dog bite a person or preventing a child from drowning in a backyard pool)
- Product manufacturers or designers who release hazardous products into the public market, putting users at risk of injury
Each case is unique, so there is no distinct way to pinpoint a liable party. In some cases, our team has found more than one liable party upon discovering new evidence or narrowing down accident causes. We will personalize your case as we understand no two clients’ cases are alike. You can learn more about what it’s like to work with our team from past clients on our reviews page.
Call KJT Law Group Today to Get a Free Consultation About Your Los Angeles Accident Injury
If you or a loved one suffered an injury in an accident in Los Angeles, you may be entitled to pursue compensation through the civil court system in California. When you call KJT Law Group, you get a free case evaluation with one of our team members, who can describe what to expect after filing a personal injury case.
We can have an accident injury attorney from our team in Los Angeles build your case and represent you during all legal appearances. Call (818) 507-8525 to start speaking with a member of our team about your case.
Get started with a free initial consultation; call (818) 507-8525 or contact us online. Hablamos español
The Opinions That Matter Most
Read Our Client’s 5-Star Reviews
The staff is courteous, professional, and highly skilled
“Vaché handled every detail of my car accident case, he arranged the best medical care possible, recovered all losses and secured a generous settlement. This is by far my best experience! Thank you KJT!”
I couldn’t be happier with the KJT law firm
“Both Caspar and Vache were exceptional and professional. I have no doubt that they fought hard in my behalf.”
I found KJT Law Group online and I couldn’t be happier with their results.
“hese guys know what they are doing and they respect their clients!”
This law firm is the best!!!
“Trust is one of the most important factors when working with a law firm, and I didn’t have much trust in my previous law firm due to lack of communication. That’s why I decided to switch to KJT Law Group, and I never regretted my choice. They w”
My case settled for more than I ever expected!
“These guys know their stuff. I would definitely recommend their services!!!”
Best sound advice that you can ever get
“KJT Law Group will not make you waste your money while other lawyers will simply try to get you into their office to make some cash.”
Fighting for Injured Clients Across the Greater LA Area
Our Los Angeles auto accident lawyers are available to assist you 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. We provide legal services in English, Spanish, and Armenian and offer contingency fees. This means you do not owe any upfront or out-of-pocket expenses but, instead, only pay attorney fees if/when we win your case.
At KJT Law Group, we prioritize transparency, communication, and client service and will be there to provide the personalized legal representation you need every step of the way. We draw on an extensive background in activism and social justice when fighting for the rights of our clients, and we are not afraid to try cases in court whenever necessary.
We provide legal services in English, Spanish, and Armenian. Request a free consultation today by calling us at (818) 507-8525 or by submitting an online contact form.