If you suffer from a job-related illness or injury, workers’ compensation insurance will typically cover the following expenses:
- Medical expenses that are necessary to diagnose and treat your injury, such as doctor visits, medications, and surgeries.
- Medical expenses for necessary equipments such as wheelchairs.
- Disability payments while you are unable to work (about two-thirds of the amount you were earning prior to your injury).
- Rehabilitation expenses such as physical therapy and training in order to help you return to your former job.
- Retraining and evaluation expenses to help qualify you to work at a different job in case your illness or injury has prevented you from returning to your former job.