Soft Tissue Injury Lawyer in Southern California
Filing a Personal Injury Claim in California
Soft tissue injuries can be physically and emotionally debilitating. You may need assistance completing basic tasks or have to pause doing activities you enjoy. If you sustained a soft tissue injury in an accident, you have a right to hold the responsible party accountable for your damages.
However, while you’re trying to recover from this injury, you may struggle with pursuing a case on your own. That’s where a soft tissue injury lawyer in Southern California at KJT Law Group comes in. They can represent you throughout the claims process so that you can focus on recovering.
Common Soft Tissue Injuries
A soft tissue injury occurs when ligaments, muscles, and tendons undergo some kind of trauma. Typical soft tissue injuries include:
- Whiplash (Neck sprain): According to Mayo Clinic, whiplash is when the neck quickly snaps back and forth, causing neck stiffness and pain, tingling in the arms, dizziness, blurred vision, fatigue, and problems with memory and concentration.
- Strains: You strain a muscle when it overstretches and tears, causing swelling, tenderness, a limited range of motion, and muscle spasms.
- Stress injuries: Johns Hopkins Medicine explains that stress injuries occur due to overuse or doing more physical activity. Those who work at construction sites may be prone to these injuries.
- Contusions (Bruises): This injury happens when there is blunt force trauma. You may experience pain and see discoloration due to the affected tissue bleeding.
If you’re suffering any type of pain after an accident, seek medical attention right away. Waiting too long risks the injury worsening and more susceptibility to further complications. As a result, you may face a longer recovery time and may even have to have surgery.
Also, when the insurance company sees a larger gap between the accident and your first doctor’s visit, they may try to blame your injuries on something else, so you may have a tougher time getting fair compensation.
How Soft Tissue Injuries Typically Occur
Wherever we go (the road, other people’s property, work, etc.) we owe each other a duty of care to act according to the law, having everyone else’s safety in mind. However, sometimes people fail to uphold that duty and cause an accident. Then, the victim suffers the physical, emotional, and financial repercussions.
You could be a victim of someone else’s negligence if you were involved in a:
- Traffic Accident: If another driver was driving drunk or distracted and caused a crash. However, drivers aren’t always responsible for all road crashes. Sometimes, a vehicle parts manufacturer could have produced faulty brakes, which led the other driver to crash into you.
- Slip and Fall Accident: Property owners and managers must maintain their premises to keep patrons safe from hazards. However, if they fail to clean up a spill, address poor lighting, or install a handrail, and you fall, then you can hold them accountable for your injuries.
- Workplace Accidents: If you’re hurt at work, your employer can cover your expenses with worker’s compensation benefits. However, if a third-party contractor failed to keep the work site free of hazards, you may pursue a personal injury lawsuit against them.
If you were injured in a type of accident that we haven’t mentioned here, our lawyers can go over your options and help you pursue compensation.
Taking Legal Action After Suffering a Soft Tissue Injury in Southern California
If another person’s negligent actions caused your soft tissue injury, you may be able to seek compensation from them or their insurance company. Typical damages that soft tissue injury victims pursue include:
- Past and future medical bills
- Property damage or loss if you need to get your vehicle or bike repaired after the crash
- Lost income, business opportunities, and benefits
- Reduced earning capacity for the income you would have gained had you not been hurt
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish for the trauma you experienced from the accident
Per CCP § 335.1, there is generally a two-year time limit to file personal injury lawsuits. Missing this deadline would tell the court that you are no longer holding the other party accountable. As a result, a judge may throw your case out, leaving you no options for compensation.
Working with Our Southern California Soft Tissue Injury Lawyers
Deciding who to sue for compensation, figuring out the applicable laws, and going back and forth with insurance companies can be stressful and even overwhelming, especially when you’re injured and trying to heal. You don’t have to face this alone. Our personal injury lawyers in Southern California are ready to help.
Our lawyers can:
- Compile evidence
- Order a copy of the incident or police report
- Determine the liable parties
- Negotiate with the other party, their insurer, and their legal team
- Meet all applicable deadlines
- Fight for a fair settlement during negotiations
- Take your case to trial if a settlement can’t be reached out of court
The Southern California soft tissue injury attorneys on our team work on a contingency-fee-basis. This way, you won’t have to pay any upfront, hourly, or out-of-pocket fees. They will only ask for payment if they settle or win your case.
Our Personal Injury Lawyers Can Work to Secure the Results You Need
At KJT Law Group, we put our clients’ needs above all else. We cannot guarantee specific results, but you can rely on us to go after what you need to rebuild your life. Some of the personal injury case outcomes we have recovered are:
- $875,000 for an Uber driver who was hurt in a car accident and required surgery
- $740,000 for a client who sustained back injuries in a rear-end collision and went through surgery
Call Our Soft Tissue Injury Lawyers in Southern California Today
If you were hurt due to someone else’s carelessness, our personal injury lawyers in LA are ready to work on your behalf.
Call KJT Law Group at (818) 507-8525 to schedule your free consultation today.
If you or someone you love was injured due to another person’s negligence, contact KJT Law Group at (818) 507-8525 for a free consultation to discuss your legal rights and options.
Slip & Fall Injuries
We Will Fight For You
Start Recovering Today
Contact our firm to get started.