Los Angeles Catastrophic Injury Attorney
If you or a loved one has suffered from a catastrophic injury, your injuries could impact you for the rest of your life. You might not know how to move forward after sustaining a traumatic injury. In addition, the costs associated with a catastrophic injury are high, and you might struggle financially. If so, our attorneys can help.
A Los Angeles catastrophic injury attorney from KJT Law Group can help you pursue compensation to get back on your feet financially. The attorneys at our firm have helped many victims who have sustained catastrophic injuries. We can handle the insurance companies so you can focus on healing your injuries.
How the KJT Law Group Can Help After a Catastrophic Injury Accident
There are many hardships an accident victim may face after sustaining a catastrophic injury. Our attorneys understand that you’ve just gone through an event that could change the course of your life forever. We want you to feel comfortable with us by your side. Your lawyer can help in a lot of ways, including:
- Keeping you updated. Your attorney can provide status updates or answer questions when needed.
- Offering legal services in Spanish, English, or Armenian.
- Providing personalized legal counsel. No two cases are exactly alike, so we can develop a case strategy to fit your exact needs.
- Guiding you through the legal process. Navigating the legal process is complex and confusing on your own. We can explain legal concepts simply, so you know what is going on throughout your case.
- Filing all your paperwork on time. In California, personal injury victims have two years from the accident date to file a lawsuit against the liable party. Your lawyer can ensure everything is in within the timeframe.
- Gathering all relevant evidence to support your case.
- Focusing on seeking your settlement. We can extensively review your damages to ensure you recover the maximum amount of compensation.
With a Los Angeles personal injury attorney on your side, you can feel confident knowing we are dedicated to helping you and protecting your rights to pursue compensation.
The Cost of a Los Angeles Catastrophic Injury Attorney
We offer free consultations to potential clients. During the consultation, we can discuss the circumstances of your case and the severity of your injuries. In addition, we can discuss our fee agreement so you know the cost and fees associated with hiring an attorney from our firm.
You Could Recover Compensation
After suffering a catastrophic injury, you likely have immense medical bills. However, you shouldn’t have to suffer financially because of someone else’s actions. Our attorneys can fight for you to recover the compensation you deserve for the life-altering injuries you sustained.
Types of Damages You Could Recover
Damages are monetary awards the court orders the liable party to pay to the victim for causing their injuries. Damages you could recover after sustaining a catastrophic injury include:
- Current and future medical bills
- Costs for rehabilitation treatments
- The income you lost while recovering from the accident
- The future income you’ll lose if you can’t return to work at all or in the same capacity
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
- Loss of consortium if your loved one passed away or has such severe injuries they can no longer provide the companionship and support they once could
Our attorneys can review your damages to determine the value of your case. Once we know the value of your case, we can use this figure to negotiate with the insurance companies.
What is a Catastrophic Injury?
Catastrophic injuries are different from a typical injury claim because these injuries usually result in long-term or lifelong damages to the victim. In addition, these injuries can cost the victim significant amounts of money in medical treatment for the rest of their lives.
Examples of Catastrophic Injuries
The following types of injuries are considered catastrophic:
- Spinal cord injuries that cause total or partial paralysis
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Injuries that require an amputation (or where a limb was severed during the accident)
- Severe burns
- Injuries that cause permanent disability
Regardless of the type of catastrophic injury you sustained, our Los Angeles catastrophic injury lawyers can be by your side throughout your case.
Common Causes of Catastrophic Injuries
Recognizing the causes of catastrophic injuries can help victims prove the other party’s negligence caused their injuries. Common causes of catastrophic injuries include:
- Car accidents
- Truck accidents
- Slips and falls
- Medical malpractice
What Determines Liability in Catastrophic Injury Accidents
To prove liability after a catastrophic injury accident, you must prove that:
- The at-fault party owed you a duty of care
- The at-fault party breached that duty by not providing a standard level of care
- The breach of duty caused you to sustain injuries
- The breach of duty caused you to incur damages as a result of the accident
Our attorneys at KJT Law Group can develop a solid case strategy to prove the at-fault party’s negligence caused your catastrophic injury. We can hold them accountable for altering your life forever.
Call a Catastrophic Injury Attorney in Los Angeles Today
Our Los Angeles catastrophic injury attorneys can protect our clients from insurance companies’ tactics. They will try to get you to accept a low offer to settle the case quickly. With an attorney by your side, you can know how much your case is worth. In addition, we can negotiate with insurance companies on your behalf to help you pursue the compensation you deserve. Contact KJT Law Group today at (818) 507-8525 to schedule your free case review. We can discuss your accident and catastrophic injury and develop a plan to move forward.
If you or someone you love was injured due to another person’s negligence, contact KJT Law Group at (818) 507-8525 for a free consultation to discuss your legal rights and options.
We Will Fight For You
Start Recovering Today
Contact our firm to get started.